If you’ve ever considered window tinting for your cars, now is the best time to do it.
Why? With the start of the summer approaching, temperatures across the country will rise to uncomfortable and sometimes dangerous levels. And there’s probably almost nowhere on earth, where it can get more scorching than in a parked car.
Just take a look at some of the facts on rising temperatures inside a car and the safety concerns the pose for passengers:
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the temperature inside cars can rise almost 20 degrees within ten minutes even if windows are open.
- Studies show parked cars can quickly become greenhouses on wheels. Infrared rays the enter the car are unable to get out, quickly warming the interior. Inside temperatures – Even if it’s just 70 degrees outside, a car in sunlight can easily reach 122 degrees.
- This means parked cars can be lethal for young children, whose bodies warm five times faster than adults, and furry pets, such as dogs and cats, that can’t sweat to cool themselves when they get too hot.
One way to beat the heat is through installing custom window tinting for your car. The professionals at Alta Mere can get you set up with the preferred level of window tint for your vehicle for your safety and comfort.
Here are some of the reasons window tinting installation for a vehicle is beneficial to you, particularly as we reach the peak of the heat of summer:
- Heat reduction - Window tint can block up to 80 percent of the sun’s heat and has been proven to greatly reduce interior surface temperatures of a car. The service is especially popular this time of year as drivers look to combat the heat and keep their cars cooler and more comfortable during the hottest days of the summer.
- Interior protection - Window tint reduces the sun’s UV rays that can fade and crack leather seats and dashboards. This protection keeps the car’s interior in better condition for longer, reducing costs to maintain the interior.
- Protects passengers from harmful UV rays - UV rays can cause sunburn and skin damage to a car’s passengers exposed to sunlight. Window film protects passengers by reducing up to 99 percent of those harmful UV rays. Window tint is recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation as part of a comprehensive skin care program.
- Privacy and safety - A professionally applied window tint deters thieves from targeting a vehicle as personal belongings left inside are less visible. Most thieves know that a vehicle with properly installed window tint makes it more difficult to break through the glass and make a quick getaway.
In addition to keeping your car cooler and protecting the interior of the vehicle, you will reduce how much you need to run your air-condition, saving you gas and money and helping the environment. Visit your local Alta Mere store and see what type of window tint works best for you this summer!